Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Professional relationships last longer than business cards

I feel truly blessed by the people that have contacted me since my announcement. People who worked for me, worked with me, vendors, partners, employees and colleagues from other companies I have worked for and with. Many offering to work for me again, some interested in talking about what they are doing to see if I'd like to join, some asking for career advice, and most telling me of the impact I have made and appreciating the energy I bring to an organization.

I have a sign in my home office that reads:

Success: to laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and affections of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social conditions, to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.

If one measures success by this, I declare my life successful. Thank you to everyone for sharing your thoughts with me. Stay tuned, the pool will get boring soon enough.

Here are some of my favorites excerpts from my email box:


Your bottomless well of enthusiasm, creativity, and confidence always kept things exciting for us. I will miss the rush of energy that you always bring into the room.

You're someone I respect a lot and believe in your talents.

I was delighted by the leadership and vision

I have been so impressed by your energy and focus

Would love do something together with you some day!

You'll be missed more than you can simply imagine :)

3 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote that quote on success. He's my favorite, as you know, my best gal pal! "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." Can you believe your email ended up in my bulk mail in yahoo. I hate that when that happens!

 
At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

 
At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home