Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"The only card excepted there"?

If you've been watching the Olympics along with millions of other viewers you have seen the VISA ads. While some have criticized their focus on American athletes and ending with the tag line "go world", I'm more interested in why they end the commercial with the message "the only card accepted there". Where is a value proposition in that?

The ads are pretty good, evokes pride in American athletes, but I don't think ending with "the only card accepted there" evokes pride or loyalty to VISA. It says to me, we paid enough sponsorship dollars to lock up this venue and trap all customers to using our card. Hum, is that something you want to advertise?

While I can appreciate the economics of sponsoring an event like the Olympics at upwards of $750,000 for 30 seconds, and the economic return they gain by having VISA as the only card earning their transaction fees at the Olympics, I would not advertise that to the consumer. That's not a value proposition for the consumer, that's a business reality.

5 Comments:

At 4:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find the whole idea of teens with Visa cards utterly disturbing? At one time this was the only way adult sites could make sure that people signing up for their sites were adults but awhile ago this became no longer an option when credit card companies decided that minors with plastic was going to be ok. Credit cards aren’t IDs, I understand that concept, but without any other ways to check ages for adult-oriented content, this whole Visa thing concerns me.
-----------------------------------------------------
Stellathomas
Internet Marketing

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the kind of guy who loves to seek different things. Right now I am making my personalized photovoltaic panels. I'm managing it all alone without the help of my staff. I'm utilizing the net as the only path to acheive that. I stumbled upon a very brilliant website that explains how to create pv panels and so on. The internet site explains all the steps required to solar panel construction.

I am not sure about how accurate the data given there iz. If some guys over here who have experience with these things can have a look and give your feedback in the page it would be grand and I'd really appreciate it, cause I truly love [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com]solar panel construction[/URL].

Tnx for reading this. U guys are the best.

 
At 3:58 AM, Anonymous Finance promoter Company said...

Information about Finance Promoter Company, mortgage finace, promoter, finance careers, finance companies, finance job, company finance, investment finance

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Lanla.com said...

Very true. They're proud of that. As they say, "VISA shows its support of the Olympic games in this commercial sharing some of the most historic and epic Olympians and their shining moments.: :)

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Aptoide installer app does not require the users to go through any compulsory registration process like in the case of Google Play Store
aptoide pc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home